I haven’t been keeping up with Georgia Anne Muldrow as much as I should be, but I am über excited for her upcoming album Umsindo (Zulu for ‘sound’), due out July 14th. Thanks to Shamz.
Really? It’s kind of hard to go wrong with a line-up like this, and if “Gifted” doesn’t get you hooked, then I’m sure one of the tracks from N.A.S.A‘s upcoming release (Feb. 17th) will…just check the guest appearances. Can’t wait…
The Spirit of Apollo
2. The People Tree (ft. David Byrne, Chali 2na, Gift of Gab & Z-Trip)
3. Money (ft. David Byrne, Chuck D, Ras Congo, Seu Jorge & Z-Trip)
4. NASA Music (ft. Method Man, E-40 & DJ Swamp)
5. Way Down (ft. RZA, Barbie Hatch & John Frusciante)
6. Hip Hop (ft. KRS-One, Fatlip & Slim Kid Tre)
7. Four Rooms, Earth View
8. Strange Enough (ft. Karen O, Ol’ Dirty Bastard & Fatlip)
9. Spacious Thoughts (ft. Tom Waits & Kool Keith)
10. Gifted (ft. Kanye West, Santogold & Lykke Li)
11. A Volta (ft. Sizzla, Amanda Blank & Lovefoxxx)
12. There’s a Party (ft. George Clinton & Chali 2na)
13. Whachadoin? (ft. Spank Rock, M.I.A., Santogold & Nick Zinner)
14. O Pato (ft. Kool Kojak & DJ Bãboa)
15. Samba Soul (ft. Del Tha Funkee Homosapien & DJ Qbert)
16. The Mayor (ft. The Cool Kids, Ghostface Killah, DJ AM & Scarface)
17. N.A.S.A. Anthem
OHHH….and just because I love Bossa Nova, here is a “Girl From Ipanema” remix from them as well.
I cannot stop listening to Alpinisms, the full length debut release of Brooklyn based School of Seven Bells (thanks again Andrew!). A record laden with dreamy pop and echoing guitar chords, it’s the heavenly harmonies of twin sisters Alejandra and Claudia Deheza that give the album an almost other worldly feel. They are playing Webster Hall on Friday the 14th (so wish I was there) along with M83, for those in NY. Be sure to check out the album, I guarantee you will enjoy it!
Don’t know how I missed this one…some of the best from Flying Lotus in awhile. The song features Dolly, which apparently is the combination of Flying Lotus and Ahu, so I’m not sure why it’s labeled as Flying Lotus ft. Dolly. Whatever, I’m going to stop thinking too much about this and let you enjoy this crazy track.